“The mission of reTHink is to enhance environmental stewardship through community empowerment"
1. To provide sustainable, community-based solutions and education about local and global environmental problems.
2. Gardening Program: The development of 6 community gardens to empower local residents to learn to grow their food. We want to combat inaccessibility of fresh produce for some and to encourage healthy eating of local organic produce.
3. Composting Program: to reduce methane release when organic matter is fed into regular
trash stream and is buried in landfills.
4. Plastic Up-cycling Program: to confront the local and global plastic problem, we are trying to establish a local plastic up-cycling program for post-consumer plastics.
5. Zero-Waste Store: to provide sale of plastic-free home items.
Think locally, act globally.
Freedom from plastic.
Local production of food.
Local and global carbon neutrality
Anti-racism and anti-discrimination efforts in our community.
reTHink's non-discrimination policies
reTHink provides staff members and volunteers with a non-discrimination and inclusivity policy upon joining. Since we often work with marginalized groups we have a tremendous responsibility to provide a safe and equitable environment. Our policies on inclusion and diversity reflect our mission to treat the world and its inhabitants with respect.
“reTHink, Inc. is committed to supporting a community which recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person, and fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect among all our members. In addition to our quest to improve environmental sustainability and treat the creation with respect and care, we also seek to improve social and economic justice in the local community and treat every member outside and inside of our organization with respect and dignity. We strive hard to give every member of our community a fair and equal opportunity regardless of their health, background, past experiences, and current social status.
reTHink also seeks to develop and nurture diversity in our programs. reTHink, Inc. views, evaluates, and treats all persons solely as individuals on the basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant characteristics. reTHink, Inc. prohibits discrimination in any of our events, activities, or programs, against any member of the community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a veteran.
reTHink will always conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders. Additionally, reTHink promotes the full realization of equal employment opportunities for women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans through its affirmative action program.”