An eco-friendly solid dish soap bar recipe will not only help to save money, it also reduces waste and your impact on the environment. Like you’d expect from a liquid dish soap, this cold process dish soap recipe gives you plenty of suds, and it cuts through grease to thoroughly clean your dishes.
As a society we create an enormous amount of waste in our day to day lives. Plastic waste is the worst culprit. As it doesn’t biodegrade — it takes over 400 years for plastic to degrade — it ends up not just in our landfills, but it also ends up in our oceans. And it’s a lot more than you might think. In fact, plastic waste currently covers 40% of our oceans, causing both ecological damage and harm to wildlife.
- 91% of all plastics are NOT recycled.
- 5.25 trillion pieces of marine trash have ended up in our oceans.
- 90% of all seabirds have eaten plastic. This up from just 5% of seabirds in 1960.
- Between 2000 and 2010 we made more plastic than all the plastic in history up to the year 2000.
- Make this switch and help leave a healthy planet for your children.